Andrey Tovchigrechko, PhD
Principal Scientist, Research Bioinformatics, Medimmune LLC (subsidiary of AstraZeneca), USA
Title: Infant nasopharyngeal microbiome in Respiratory Syncytial Virus cohort – a case study in developing and applying “Do It Yourself analysis tools” for the bench scientists.
This session will cover the modest approaches and the cases studies in the area of the Computational Pharmacology including the understanding of drug action, drug side effects, identification of drug targets and biomarkers for companion diagnostic, and the rational drug design. This session will combine the bio- and chemoinformatics methods and their applications in drug design & discovery for socially-important diseases including cancer, cardiovascular, neurodegenerative and neuromuscular disorders and also variety of rare diseases.
The major topics of the session:
- Genomic and postgenomic approaches in drug discovery Disease interactome
- Repurposing of the existing drugs
- Pathway analysis and personalized medicine
- Molecular modeling in drug design & discovery
- Chemoinformatics and chemical biology