In few last years, CRISPR systems have evolved from a subject of fundamental studies in molecular microbiology to a universal tool to study genes and genomes of a large number of model organisms, from bacteria to humans. CRISPR systems are actively used for directed and high-precision editing of nucleotide sequences in applied science.
Now we are approaching to gene editing in human embryos and adults. This may open a new era in treatment of inherited diseases. Undoubtedly, such progress in our knowledge needs to be comprehended and analyzed in depth by scientific community.
A Congress “CRISPR-2018” will be held September 10-14, 2018 in one of the leading Russian scientific centers, Academgorodok which is located in Novosibirsk. Recognized specialists in the field of studying and applying CRISPR systems and young researchers will be invited to attend the Congress.
Issues to be discussed at the Congress
1. Biology and evolution of CRISPR systems;
2. Structure biology of CRISPR systems;
3. Systems of directed gene editing to generate and to study model organisms;
4. CRISPR/Cas9 in human medical genetics;
5. CRISPR/Cas9 in immunogenetics and oncogenetics;
6. Gene editing systems in system biology and biotechnology;
7. CRISPR/Cas9 in plant genome editing;
8. Stem cells genome modifications.