From August, 29 to September, 2, 2016 the Federal Research Center of the Institute of Cytology and Genetics, Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (ICG SB RAS, Novosibirsk, Russia) will held a 10th anniversary International Multiconference Bioinformatics of Genome Regulation and Structure\Systems Biology – BGRS\SB-2016.
Since 1998, the conference of BGRS\SB series are held every two years. Highly qualified professionals working on interdisciplinary tasks in the field of modern bioinformatics, computational systems biology and their applications for solving problems in various fields of biology, medicine, pharmacology, biomedical engineering, biotechnology, genetics and breeding of plants and animals, etc., are gather together in Akademgorodok to discuss topical issues and to present the results of scientific activities.
In 2014, Multiconference BGRS\SB-2014 was attended by 483 researchers and students, including 90 foreign participants from 27 countries. More than 300 reports were presented (150 oral and 153 poster presentations, collection of abstracts is available at).
Multiconference BGRS\SB-2016 will include the following research areas:
- Symposium “Genomics, transcriptomics and bioinformatics”
- Symposium “Proteomics”
- Section “Systems biology”
- Section “Evolutionary bioinformatics”
- Section “Computational pharmacology”
- Section “Bioinformatics and systems biology of cell death”
- Section “Neuroinformatics”
- Section “Bioinformatics and molecular biology synergism in DNA damage response studies”
- Symposium “Systems biology of aging”
- Symposium “Human genetics”
- Symposium “Animal genetics”
- Symposium “Bioinformatics and systems biology of plants”
- Symposium “Mathematical modeling and high performance computing in bioinformatics, biomedicine and biotechnology”
Series of collateral events are planned in frame of multiconference:
- Open Russian-German workshop on bioinformatics network “Systems computational biology”
- School for young scientists “Bioinformatics and Systems Biology», SBB-2016: from 22 to 25 august 2016
- Scientific symposium with universities in China (BRICS) on the systems and computational biology
- The seminar “Systems biology programmed cell death”
- Pre-conference tour to Altay from 25th to 28 August 2016
- Social Events
Multiconference working language – English.
The Conference, as before, will be held at the House of Scientists of the Novosibirsk Akademgorodok.
The school will be held at the Institute of Cytology and Genetics of SB RAS.
- Last date of registration on the website and submitting abstracts for the conference BGRS\SB-2016 – May 20, 2016
- Last date of registration and submission of abstracts to the school of young scientists “Bioinformatics and Systems Biology” – May 20, 2016
- Notification of inclusion in the conference program BGRS\SB-2016 – June 10, 2016
- Notification of the reports in the program of the School – June 10, 2016
- Dates of the conference – 29 August – 2 September, 2016
- Dates of the school of young scientists – 22 – 25 August, 2016
Chairman of the Program Committee multiconference
Academician Nikolai Kolchanov
Download the information letter in PDF format: 2015_12_09_INFORMATION.LETTER