On 29 August – 2 September, 2016 Institute of Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Geophysics SB RAS (Novosibirsk, Russia) organizes the International Conference on the Mathematical Modeling and High-Performance Computing in Bioinformatics, Biomedicine and Biotechnology, MM&HPC-BBB-2016.
Bioinformatics is a modern, interdisciplinary, highly developing field of science. It develop and apply computational algorithms for the systematization and analysis of genetic information in order to determine the molecular basis of biological processes and then use this knowledge in practice.
The development of modern computer technology can qualitatively solve new problems of modeling in the life sciences, in biology and biomedicine. New architectures emergence of parallel computing systems requires new algorithms development for solving problems of modeling the molecular processes in body cells, to predict and analyze dimensional structures of proteins, analysis of chromosome structure and genomic information. Development of supercomputer technologies, cloud computing, data storage services to the natural sciences is under the great interest.
The second international conference MM-HPC-BBB-2016will include the following research sections and meetings:
– High-performance and distributed computing in biomedicine.
– Applications of bioinformatics and systems biology.
– Data mining methods in natural sciences.
– Mathematical modeling of gene and metabolic networks.
– Modeling of pharmacokinetic processes. Numerical methods of solving
– Mathmatical models of immune process. Direct and inverse problems of immunology.
– Mathematical aspects of epidemiology.
– Identifiability analysis and experimental design for dynamical models.
– Software packages application for solving the problems of bioinformatics and biomedicine.
– Development of numerical algorithms for solving inverse problems in tomography.
Previous conference MM-HPC-BBB-2014 was attended by scientists from Russia, Kazakhstan, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom, Germany, France and Armenia. The total number of companies – 46, including 23 universities, 20 research institutes and 3 private companies. For viewing 2014 conference program please visit:: http://conf.nsc.ru/files/conferences/BGRSSB2014/239430/Programma_Multi-conference.pdf